HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

get 'em outta here!!!

so being Sicilian, my family has a tradition of the St. Joseph Altar each year. Although my grandmother passed away last year, my mom and her family/friends keep this tradition going. We love attending each year and its a huge part of my memories as a child.
(to see the whole post, go to my family blog here)
The only bad part:
THE COOKIES! Oh the homemade Italian cookies...
they are so good, there are so many to choose from and lots of them to take home :(
I usually keep tempting things out of our home because if its there, I'll eat it! But these cookies made it into our house Sunday after the Altar and we've been munching on them ever since...
Ughhh, so if I don't lose weight this week
its because of these darn, delicious, homemade, Italian cookies!!!
GET 'EM OUTTA HERE!

Running update: I took your advice and ran on my own, no stroller and wow it was WONDERFUL! I ran my fastest mile yet and it felt unbelievable! I definitely need to do it more often :) thanks for the advice!!!


11 comments:

misszippy said...

I'm like you--if it's in the house, I am in trouble. Send them to work with your husband!

cooperl788 said...

I feel you! For my birthday, my aunt sent us a bouquet of cookies, all decorated and gorgeous and the size of my head. It took us weeks to eat them all, but man, I didn't lose an ounce while they were in the house!

Anonymous said...

I love homemade Italian cookies! Before my wedding when some of my Italian in-laws came into town, they brought along so many homemade Italian cookies! I honestly couldn't stop eating them! I was happy my dress still fit! : )

Marcy said...

Cookies are the worst when it comes to parties! Congrats on the running!

:)
Marcy @ Life's Gristle

Xenia said...

Mmm, it's definitely good that we don't have those cookies around because I'd be munching on them too! I was going to say what misszippy said, that my best bet is to send tempting things with my husband to work so that they aren't around here!

Nicole B said...

New follower here! I would love a visit back at my blog, Mom Always Finds Out, when you get a chance. Come and link up at my blog for tomorrow’s Relax & Make Friends Wednesday hop. You’ll find the linky on my home page. Thanks!

Nicole
http://momalwaysfindsout.com

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Thanks so much for following, following back!! Looking forward to your posts, looks like we have a lot in common! :)

Kristy
Casual Dish

Amy said...

Tempting! I can't have cookies around. I love them too much. And now, my kids are starting to bake them...grrrr

Running Ricig said...

I can't be trusted with cookies. I ate half a box of Girl Scout cookies yesterday (not even an exaggeration). At least they are gone now!

CarrieCav said...

When the hubs isn't looking I throw junk food away to get rid of temptation !

Following from blog hop...

realmomrecipes.com

Kim @ The Fitness Moms said...

Homemade Italian cookies ~ oh my gosh, yum!! I don't think I could resist either, and I don't think I would, lol!

I wanted to let you know that I love reading about your journey and so I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! If you'd like to accept it, just pop over to my blog and take it, k?

~Kim
www.thefitnessmoms.com